A4 Travel Blog #2


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
September 27th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What is the dominant religion in United Kingdom, and how does this faith differ from other world religions? What beliefs or ideas make this religion unique?

Link:http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/hisreligions.html



This article talks about the different religions in the UK and also about what they do to collect all the information about the citizen's religions. Also it talks about this guy named Henry VIII who asked the the pope if he could get permission to get a divorce form his wife, because she was only giving birth to girls and he wanted a son. But when the pope said no Henry did not give up there he went behind the pope's back and opened his own church named Anglican Church. In that church he had the bible's translated to English, the people who attended the church were called protestants. But once Queen Mary had power she shut down the church and burned all those protestants who wouldn't change. Finally in 1558 Queen Elizabeth became in power and she let the church be an Anglican Church again and that became the official religion of the UK.



The dominant religion is mainly Anglican but there are many other religions in the UK such as Muslim, Hindu, and some other religions. This differ from other world religions because some countries there is only one religion being followed and some don't have the option to chose there own religion, but in the UK you can be whatever you wanted to be. The beliefs that make this an unique religion are that people are able to chose there own religion and can believe in anything they want to believe in. Also people are able to marry who they want and not who they are told to and can marry other people from a different religion outside their own religion.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb