Anyone for Snail Porridge?


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
July 15th 2012
Published: July 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The lovely MikeThe lovely MikeThe lovely Mike

currying favour?
... well, you can't stop in Bray and not have a look at the Fat Duck menu can you? Yes, here we are, moored in Bray Marina for the night (the next best thing to staying in hotel). River still running high and fast so decided to seek the shelter of the marina, which also gives you the bonus of electricity hook-up, water on tap, toilets, showers and peaceful waters. Although it's a bit creepy now it's getting dark - like a boat graveyard... hundreds of ghostly white boats and no-one else here!

Yesterday we spent the day in Windsor, even went to the theatre (to get warm) and saw Equus for the second time; extremely good production. Went back to boat for pre-supper drinks, and to check that no-one had stolen it, then back into Windsor for meal at Wagamamas. This time we foolishly did not take any wet weather gear, not even an umbrella, believing that no more rain could fall... how wrong can you be. Heavens opened and we made a dash back to PM, which seemed further away this time! Arrived soaked, stripped off and played Crib... as you do!

Sunday dawned disappointingly; forecast had promised sun, but no sign. H walked into Windsor for Sunday papers, I did a spot of boat-work, then we braved the rushing torrents and set off towards Maidenhead. Cheerful lock-keeper at Boveney warned us of Red Board, meaning all craft should avoid travel, so we took our life in our hands and powered here to Bray Marina.

Sarah and Mike visited, and the lovely Mike mended the Catain's Seat... hmm, trying to impress H perhaps?! We then took a walk into Bray in the evening sunshine.

Just making use of the facilities by charging every electrical implement we have, and then hot showers tomorrow - can't wait! May not be able to sleep with excitement...

Advertisement



15th July 2012

You missed one
Hi Rosie & H, Following your trip on the map. It looks as if you missed out the Happy Hermit pub (you seem to have called in to all the others we can find). Sounds as if you are almost as wet on the outside as inside. Keep your spirits up - only several weeks to go!!

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb