Italy Introduction


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
March 26th 2008
Published: March 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

26 March 2008

Since my last entry on 22 October 2007 when we had just returned from our Autumn trip to France, the van has spent the majority of its time in the local Fiat garage having several warranty problems sorted out. At least it meant that we didn’t have to pay for storage over the winter.

The vehicle was returned to us in time for a very pleasant long weekend trip to Devon and Cornwall between from 7 to 10 March 2008. On the way down we visited Wendy’s cousin Jane and her husband Philip at Clevedon just south of Bristol. We stayed overnight there at the Camping and Caravan club certified site. The next day we travelled to the Caravan Club certified site at East Prawle which is in a remote location on the south Devon coast a few miles east of Salcombe. The site was in a marvellous position overlooking the sea and the village has two very friendly pubs. We had two days there and in generally fine weather walked both ways along the coastal path including a trip to Salcombe. We then moved on see our friends the Taylors who live at Cargreen on the river Tamar. While were there we had some strong gales which brought up some very impressive seas.

For our next major trip we plan to journey along the length of Italy and into Sicily. We leave on 28 March to spend the weekend with my sister in Weymouth and celebrate my nephew James’s 50th birthday. Then over to Calais from Dover on 1 April with a planned return date of 28 May. Watch this space for our progress.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.297s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb