big recap


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
October 22nd 2005
Published: October 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Let me back up to last weekend when Janet and I did London. We bitch slapped London. In one weekend we went to see Phantom of the Opera, Covent Gardens, Leicheter Square and Picadilly Circus, “221b Baker Street,” Westminster, Big Ben, Parliament, rode the London Eye, crossed the Millenium Bridge, saw St. paul and climbed to the very tip top (all 530 life-thratening steps), did Regent St. and Soho, saw Wedding Crashers in Leichester, and ate in China Town. Yes bitches, No cabs.

Then my parents cam in Monday and they have been feeding me steak and lobster and I love them. Yesterday, I went to Canterbury with them. That was reallly cool. We got to see the Cathedral where the Thomas a Becket shrine was...the thing that all the pilgrims in the Canterbury Tales were traveling to. It was very pretty. The old Norman style crypt was awesome...you walked into it and it looked like it never ended. Then the upper part has some cool Gothic architecture and the spot where St. Thomas a Becket was murdered. The shrine would have been cooll to see, but Henry VIII was a douche and took it. Then we also saw. St. Augustine of Canterbury’s abbey (or the ruins of it). That was pretty cool. We also went to this funny place that resembled the old ride in the Epcot ball except it was about the Canterbury Tales and you had to walk. My dad and I were dying laughing when they stuck an arse out the window during the Miller’s tale.

Thursday night, I went with parents agaiin. We went to some bige to do at the Tate Britain to see the candidates for the Turner art prize. Then we went to go eat dinner with a bunch of crazy British people that are lawyers in Paris. They told dirty jokes and made me drink wine...that was okay. Yummy food. Then, yesterday I wanted to go to the British museum so I checked myself into a really cheap hotel that also had a casino in it. The museum was great...probably better than going to Egypt, since there are more artifacts here. It also had a great Asian art section. Then, I mighhttt have played some slots?

So I should work on my 3 huge essays. Because they are due soon, but I just cannot find the motivation anywhere. I need a visit from Matt Foley or something. Really, I've no idea what is going to happen when these papers arent done. Usually i do everything the night before at LSU. That's a huge problem here because the library doesnt stay open until midnight, and I am not a confident ass in my classes like I am at LSU...people here are intimidating.

Anyway, on the 27, I leave for Ireland to raise hell and bathe in a vat of Guiness at the brewery. I am taking this tour that bring you around south Ireland with my friend. This should be very interesting. 4 nights of hostels woooo. So that’s it for now, there isn’t anymore. I do , however, want to say that I miss everyone at home very much, I hope everyone is well, and cannot wait to see them. Have fun watchign the game tonight! Drink some Makers Mark and eat some BBQ for me!

Advertisement



22nd October 2005

Yay for recap posts!

Tot: 0.805s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb