Day 1 of our 'virtual' bike ride, Clitheroe to Lourdes 23.1 miles


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
February 13th 2021
Published: February 13th 2021
Edit Blog Post

So today was our day to set off to Hull to catch the ferry! We set off after an early lunch hoping this would be the warmest part of the day. It was, but it was still freezing and there was a very cold brisk south easterly wind. Our actual route was up to Four Lane Ends, along the old road to Clitheroe Golf Club, through Whalley and Billington to the Petre Arms and back to Whalley. Next it was through Mitton and round the Bashal TT triangle and back to Clitheroe. An added loop up to Chatburn and round Salthill brought us to 23 miles. This isn't a route we would usually do but the main aim was to stay on roads that have been gritted and avoid icy patches. If we were in a sheltered spot it was quite pleasant but in the wind it was bitterly cold. As we cycled back up the street there was a flurry of snow flakes but it didn't last long.

On our virtual ride this equates to Worston. Downham. Up Stocks lane over Middop and Brogden Lane to Barnoldswick Then along the Leeds Liverpool canal to Foulridge. Then up and over to Laneshaw Bridge. (As we haven't actually done this ride as a whole there are no photos but there will be once we get to France).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb