Clitheroe to Lourdes Easter 2021


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
February 7th 2021
Published: February 7th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Preparations are underway for our 'virtual' ride. The route across France is made up from two routes we have done before, Zeebrugge to Carcassonne in 2011 and Atalantic to Mediterranean coast in 2008, although this trip will be the reverse to the direction travelled then. Also on these journeys we cycled 50 - 60 miles a day so we have put many more stops in. The route from Clitheroe to the ferry is fictional as we have usually driven to Hull for the ferry.

With the route decided upon we will go back through notes we have on the rides and photos taken so we can add some information on the route covered.

Also, we need to publicise our activities with the aim of gaining sponsorship for our chosen charity Mary's Meals. Mary's Meals provide substantial meals to millions of school children in the poorest countries of the world. My dad is a great supporter of this charity and he is helping us by raising awareness of our cycle event and collecting sponsorship.

We will, at all times, take into account restrictions imposed by Covid-19. Rides will be kept short and very local. We will not ride if the weather is horrendously windy or there are icy conditions as we do not wish to put ourselves at risk and end up as a burden to the NHS.



If you would like to donate to our charity please follow the link below

https://giving.marysmeals.org/en_gb/projects/cin1-clitheroe-to-lourdes---virtually

Or contact us on cycle21lourdes@yahoo.com

Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb