On The Go / Day 2


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
September 23rd 2019
Published: September 23rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Most of today was spent on and off the tour bus. After a drive through city tour of Glasgow and it’s beautiful Georgian architecture, we were off for a cruise on Loch Lomand. Overcast skies kept many clouds down over the hills, but I did get a few pictures. Very limited to just a few mallard ducks and several swans. Plenty of small cottages lined the walkways to and from the dock ... even an old phone booth that Jim checked out long enough for a photo for the grandkids. Remember those days before the newer technology & cellphones?
From the small cruise we worked our way to the Glengoyne Distillery for a sample & a guided tour on how it’s made. Overall, quite similar to the process on the tv series “Moonshiners” ... except this one was totally legal!
Our final stop was the Stirling Castle & the history behind it. Dinner this evening was on our own & Jim had spotted a small Irish Pub just a few blocks from here.
The day begins early tomorrow & I understand very limited WiFi fir the day. It may be a few days before I get back on.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement








Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb