Top Tips on Staying in Vacation Rentals and Serviced Apartments


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
August 28th 2018
Published: August 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Thanks to platforms like Airbnb and other service providers, you no longer have to settle for hotels when on holiday. There are more accommodation options to choose from, including apartments, vacation homes, and villas.

What many travelers still forget about using such services is the fact that, well, they are not hotel rooms. You are a guest in someone else’s property and you need to be a good guest. These next few tips will help you be a fantastic guest whenever you stay in vacation rentals.

Ask!




Unlike hotels, vacation rentals don’t always have a commercial feel to them. You may be renting a spare room in a house or an entire villa that you can have for yourself during your trip. There are no general set of rules to follow either.

If you are not sure about something, simply ask the host or the platform you use to book the vacation rental. You can also refer to FAQs or other sources of information. It is better to take the time to read the terms and other details too.

Asking for information is how you avoid making unnecessary mistakes and many awkward moments. If you are not sure whether the snacks in the cabinets are complimentary, for example, asking the host is a great way to clear things up.

Choose the Right Property




Choosing the right property when using vacation rentals is also important. Just because a property is available for rent, doesn’t mean it will suit your specific needs. For instance, you cannot always rent a room for an extended period of time – or continue extending your stay – because the host may expect other guests too.

For an extended stay, you are better off renting a serviced apartment. Thankfully, you now have apartment providers like https://dreamapartments.co.uk/ giving you access to great apartments in strategic locations. Since the apartments are used specifically for short-term renters, you can expect more amenities too.

Apartment providers like Dream Apartments also go the extra mile to ensure comfort and availability. The apartments they offer are usually strategically located, and you can often choose from multiple properties in different cities.

Understand the Services




Speaking of offering more amenities and services, not all vacation rentals come with services designed to make your stay more convenient. For instance, you may be required to keep the place clean on your own rather than relying on services provided by the host.

When such services aren’t available, make sure you keep the place clean and organized. A good principle to stick with is to leave the place exactly the way you saw it when you arrived. Don’t even leave things in the refrigerator unless they are meant as a gift for the host.

The same can be said for serviced apartments. As mentioned before, apartment providers offer different levels of services and the best way to know what you can expect is by reading the terms or asking the apartment provider directly.



Follow these simple tips, and you will have a pleasant stay as a good guest of a vacation rental or a serviced apartment. The more you use this type of accommodation, the more you will learn about how to be a dream guest for every host.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.395s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb