Four Ways to Ensure Your Trip to Germany is Spectacular


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
September 1st 2018
Published: September 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

If you have just booked your first trip to Germany either as a short holiday or a long-stay, then there is no doubt you want to make the absolute most of your time there. The country is steeped in rich history, culture, architecture, sights, dining, and shopping, so there is definitely no shortage of things to do and see. With that said, here’s a look at four ways you can ensure your trip to Germany is absolutely spectacular and that you don’t go home with any regrets.



Explore Germany’s Culinary Side

Travellers are often caught up in the sights and attractions that various countries/cities/and towns have but sometimes what goes by unnoticed is the culinary scene. Germany is well-known around the world for its mouth-watering culinary options, not to mention its beer, so one would be remiss not to explore it while visiting.

So that you don’t feel overwhelmed while trying to figure out what to sample, the The Ultimate Foodie’s Guide Through Germany can prove to be quite helpful. This interactive guide can help you to put together a food itinerary if you will, that will ensure that you don’t miss out on some of Germany’s great dishes.

Check Out the Street and Flea Markets




If you're the type who enjoys shopping, then the street and flea markets are an absolute must experience while in Germany.

Of course, some of the most talked about and visited markets are the Christmas markets. There is just something so magical and special about these holiday themed markets. You are also sure to find a variety of unique treasures that you can take home as souvenirs. Examples include Christkindlesmarkt in Nuremberg, which is typically the most popular one; Marienplatz Christmas Market in Munich, and Lucia Christmas Market in Berlin. Of course, these markets are seasonal, but not to worry as there are many other street and flea markets that are open year-round.

Prepare to be Awe-Struck with Germany’s Castles




If you're planning a trip to Germany, then it's an absolute must to at least visit a castle or two during your trip. Many experts name Germany as one of the most spectacular countries in Europe where castles are concerned. Each has its own rich history, decor, style, and backdrop, and have managed to stand the test of time.

Some of the most popular castles to visit include Neuschwanstein Castle in Füssen, Hohenzollern Castle in Hechingen, Heidelberg Castle in Heidelberg, Lichtenstein Castle in Lichtenstein, Braunfels Castle in Braunfels, and of course Burg Frankenstein in Darmstadt which acted as the inspiration for the book Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.

Visit the Berlin Wall




For history buffs, a visit to the Berlin Wall is an absolute must. While there are only fragments left of the wall, it is still a big attraction and a huge part of history.

Get Outdoors




Lastly, you want to give yourself enough time to get outdoors and explore the countryside. Germany is well known for its hiking and cycling trails that allow you to take in the rolling hills, lush greenery, and quaint villages along the way.



By incorporating these tips into your itinerary, you will be sure to have an incredible and memorable trip to Germany.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.371s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb