Cardigan Bay


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
September 21st 2009
Published: September 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a long period of absence from the blog, I decided to start writing again. Our recent trip to mid-west Wales (Sept 11-14) gave me an inspiration to write. We love Wales; it is not far where we live, but it has remained generally unknown to both James and myself. So, we have recently decided to have our planned short September break there. We booked at a cottage near New Quay, and though this was cold and damp (not the ideal place for a relaxing holiday!need to be more carefull next time where we book), the owners were very nice and hospitable. The area was fantastic and the weather worked to our favour as we planned a coastal walk for the second day we were there. The walk cover the area from Cwmtudu (an almost hidden beautiful small beach) to New Quay; though only 4 miles long, it did seem to us (mainly because we were unfit) much longer. We walked on high cliffs above isolated beaches; the view from the top was fantastic with a bird eye's view of New Quay. Other places we visited were the Wildlife Centre in Cardigan and the Botanic Gardens of Wales - an interesting project and worth visiting.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb