Rain, Rain Go Away


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Gwynedd » Snowdon
July 4th 2007
Published: July 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dear Family and Friends,
Happy 4th of July! We will miss the fireworks this year, but I can assure you there would be no fire danger here were there to be any rockets red glare. I truly cannot remember ever seeing this much rain so consistently in my life. Today was actually the worst day we have had as the rain was more torrential, the wind blew, and I don't believe the temperature reached much more than 55. It's plain awful. I so feel for those families in our timeshare resort who had come for a week of sun and family fun in the outdoors. With nice weather, this would be a gorgeous place as there are hiking trails everywhere, an outdoor pool on the premises, children's activities galore - all geared for the out of doors. Cycling would be an option, train rides, boat trips. Evidently the past two years the weather has been extraordinarily warm so everyone was ready for quite the holiday.

We are certainly making the best of it, that's for sure, and have managed to make today a shopping day with a stop at the library to use the internet.

Last night we heard a 16-member Welsh Male Chorus with an added bonus of a tenor from Sweden who will be performing in a major city nearby this week-end. What beautiful music. They performed to a very appreciative audience, that's for sure.

Tomorrow is supposed to be another rainy day, so I don't know if we'll get our narrow gauge train ride in or not. We had hoped the weather would clear enough to make the trip worthwhile as I understand the scenery - when one can see it - is breathtaking. We leave Friday to drive to southern Wales to drop the car off at the Pembroke Ferryport and take the ferry to Ireland. If it's stormy, I'm not so sure this romantic way of travel (that's what the travel brochures said) will be all that romantic, but we'll get to Ireland around supper time - I think it will be pub time for sure!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb