We're in Wales


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Ceredigion » Aberystwyth
July 1st 2007
Published: July 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dear Friends,
After a very shaky start (the car rental that we so carefully secured before we arrived) was all mixed up and ended up costing us almost 100 pounds more than the promised price (we'll deal with that later), we were on the road - the wrong side for Americans. Lee did a superb job once we figured out just how close to the lines we were on these very narrow roads. Good heavens, what a trip. Much of the 4 hours was spent on good highways, but the last hour was hairy at best. We arrived around 5:30 at this lovely resort - driving through sheep and cow and horse farms on the long windy, narrow, road to the entrance. Arrived only to find that somehow Interval International had cancelled our reservation and the place was full. Thankfully, my organizational moments came into play as I had all documentation. They gave us the last Villa and hoped that the people who were scheduled to be in the place didn't show up. What a start. I have two minutes left on this paid internet kiosk and am out of pounds, so will write more later. Love you. We are safe - but England and UK is in high state of alert. VEry scary.

Advertisement



2nd July 2007

Glad You're Safe
Goodness...sounds like quite the experience you've had so far in Wales. Hope it gets better. Nathan and I just got back from a fun weekend in Virginia with Sarah. We miss you and love you.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb