Heading South


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
November 5th 2016
Published: November 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Sadly when the tyres went on our car one of the wheels was cracked so we can to drive on the spare. Not wanting to travel all the way home limited to 50mph mark did sone phoning round & found our best option was to get a new wheel in Glasgow on our way back. Unfortunately they closed at midday on saturdays if we wanted them to fit it too we'd have to get there for 10:30am. This meant leaving the cottage by 6:30am (leaving the others to finish cleaning up). It meant we has a beautiful drive through the dawn and saw the sunrise over Glencoe. Too dark to spot seals or otters in the loch but we did scare up several snipe or woodcock from the road/verges (I didn't get a great look at them to tell which it was but I think snipe from the size). We stopped briefly at Inveruglas on the shores of Loch Lomond and managed to get to Glasgow garage just before 10:30am! Fully fitted with the new wheel we headed to Manchester (stopping for lunch at Tebay) to meet up with a few good friends before coming home for a day of laundry & Doctor Strange before declaring the holiday over.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.304s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0712s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb