St. Andrews


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
June 27th 2015
Published: June 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

On Thursday, June 25th, I went on a trip with the study abroad group to the birthplace of golf, St. Andrews. One of my favorite things about the town is that it was on the coast. Although the shores were rugged, they were quite breathtaking. St. Andrews is apparently the town where Prince William met Kate, so that should give you an idea of the affluence there. Almost everyone I saw walking around the town was dressed nicely (other than other study abroad students, of course) and the cafes and restaurants were far from "college student budget" levels. However, that is to be expected in a town that plays host to the most prestigious golf course in the world. We visited the club house of the Old Course at St. Andrews, where the names of former British Open champions were immortalized forever on large wooden plaques decorating the walls. Then we took a walk on the course, following in the footsteps of golf's greatest names, such as Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Walter Hagen, Ben Hogan, and Tiger Woods. Setting foot on such a historical golf course was quite the experience, and I'm hoping that maybe this hermitage to St. Andrews will have improved my golf game once I'm back in the states (wishful thinking). This was definitely a must-see town to get the full Scottish experience, especially if you're a golfer!


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb