Day 3- Rowardennan to Inverarnan


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
June 30th 2014
Published: June 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day three can really be summed up in one word… Gruelling! We had a fairly ok breakfast this morning accompanied by the theme tune from the snowman playing in the background while the log fire roared in the dining room. Meanwhile, outside…it was 18 deg c. Kirsty and alan shared their experiences of the ghost in their bedroom who apparently had a stroll around the room and got fed up so decided to watch some tv… How rude that he didn't think to switch it back off again!

At around 9:15am we were once again on our way. Loch Lomond looked stunning in the bright morning sunshine but very quickly it begin to disappear … Those dam ferns back again to block out the view. We were a bit unsure if we were on the right track as there was a lack of signs – Jenny was convinced we had began to climb Ben Lomond so we asked a van driver who passed after probably getting a glimpse of Yvette having a piddle behind a porta cabin – she should have used the pee pee poncho.

We decided that we wouldn't take the high road and would take the low road. Only problem was that the low road was closed off but that didn't stop us from stooping under the barrier and going down anyway. On the way we found a digger and Jenny just had to investigate further. The door was opened so she just had to get in and wear the hat that the worker had obviously left thinking that it would be safe. Loch Lomond and singing could only mean one thing… A rendition of the runrig track… But only after alan stripped off in the water (t shirt only)…taps aff!!!!. After taking a dip in the water, we noticed something strange with Alan's feet – the waters magical powers had clearly done something to him! Merman!

[
]

We tried the low road but the rocks were a bit…high so we climbed back up and took the road we had already started on. Little did we know that the rocks up there were just as big.

Now we have been telling everyone we were doing a walk. Today was more a case of grab on to what you can and hope you don't fall in! Very quickly the path disappeared and became a mass of rocks and roots. Poles required! Alan decided to climb out on a tree which overhung the loch…Spider-Man, Spider-Man! We thought it would be a good idea to film us on the terrain to show how hard it was, not realising that this was the easy bit – it got much much worse! Blisters, aches and pains were aplenty!

Pro plus, ibuprofen, paracetamol and tramadol were our best friends of the day. The sent Jenny into a bit of delirium- ooooh look at that lovely bush, what. Gorgeous flower, just look at the grains on that rock were just some of her comments as well as the singing of songs from Disney movies to the Beatles.

Kirsty tried to keep the morale high – the hotel is now closer than that bothy we passed – you said that an hour ago! Eventually it came into sight and we began to head downwards. We had arrived.!! Baths, showers and seats were needed! We made our way to the Drovers inn for dinner – tHe meal was amazing and the décor must be seen to be believed – basically restored in the original 1700 fashion and full of stuffed animals! We are currently still here with a wee whiskey to toast and celebrate our conquering of a tough day!

Visit again tomorrow for another update!

UPDATE ON THE HAPPY FEET:

Bridget: Ankle like a beach ball and two blisters
Skids: blisters and a few tears
Princess: blisters on toes have made friends and become he blister sisters
Wee lamb: first blister and arms like dot to dots (the midgets couldn't resist the taps aff)



SCROLL DOWN TO SEE TODAYS PICTURES


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



30th June 2014

You are guys are a bunch of nutters!!! Looks like you are making the most of it despite all the trauma (ie Jenny singing!). Keep up the great work! What's your next song? You'll have to start practicing The Massacre of Glencoe for a couple of days from now! Good luck!!
1st July 2014

Ghosties
Hi all, Keep it up, I am loving the daily updates and it beats any soap on the t.v for sure. This must be a winning idea for a new reality programme. As for the ghost..... Are you guys sure it wasn't the guy in the suit from your previous encounter??

Tot: 0.377s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb