Otter


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
July 24th 2006
Published: July 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Weather Report

Overcast to begin with. Brief shower mid-morning otherwise sunny periods. Cool wind.

Following yesterday’s efforts decided on a more relaxing day. Late breakfast and then shopped in THE store before setting off about 1020. Brief shower within a few minutes leaving a dark cloud over bike and rider - however all soon cleared. Headed for the ferry terminal at the south end of the island and in view of the overcast conditions decided to do the journey in one go and take photographs on the way back.

Road undulates quite severely in places but reached Feolin (ferry T) in less than an hour. Had brief snack on the foreshore and then visited the ‘cultural centre’ which has small but interesting displays on various aspects of the island.

Leaving the centre walked along the foreshore and within a few minutes was pleased to see an otter swimming close inshore. Obviously fishing he brought his catch onto the rocks and sat for a minute or so about 20 metres away. Worth the effort - for both of us !

Walked awhile more and then found a small headland with ruined house where I had a brief snack and enjoyed the view. The return journey was quite arduous in parts with a particularly steep uphill section. Stopped to take several photos and abandoned the bike for a short while to walk the short distance to what I believe is the tallest standing stone on the island.

Arrived back shortly after 3pm - very short day for me !. Returned bike, shopped and found a quiet corner in the laundrette room and plugged my laptop and camera batteries into a vacant socket. Now seem to spend my life on the lookout for unused electrical sockets. Find them in the most unexpected places such as the small ferry terminal building at Feolin.

Relaxing dinner and leisurely stroll along the foreshore.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb