Edinburgh


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
June 16th 2012
Published: June 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

UploadedFile0UploadedFile0UploadedFile0

Our unit on the top of the building with the turret.
We had a great 3 night stay in Edinburgh. We were very lucky to stay in our friend Fiona's unit. It is right on the Royal Mile and very close to everything. It is on the fifth floor and has fantastic views across the city. I will post some photos and you will see that it has a turret, it was a great place to stay. We went out on the turret a couple of times...a bit scary.

The Olympic Torch came to town while we were there, lots of flags and excited people. It did a bit of a parade through the streets and then up to Edinburgh Castle.

The weather was very kind to us and it didn't rain for 3 days, it was almost balmy at certain times....well almost.

We really enjoyed our stay, we went on a bus tour of the city which gave us an idea of where everything was. We went to the National Art Gallery and the Museum of Scotland, both very good. It was nice to be in a great museum and not be crowded and be able to take our time. We also went to the Surgeon's Museum, good history and full of specimens.

We also went on a historical walking tour, it was really good. It was another one of those tours where you pay at the end and only pay what you think it was worth. Great concept, they are all over Europe now. We have really enjoyed the ones we have been on and are happy to pay a bit more. This Scottish guy was very good and kept us entertained for over 2 hours. He told us about the very early history and about the wars....there were plenty of them! We walked around the old town and saw and heard things that we would never have realised.

So we have come away from Edingurgh with some great memories, I am sure it is partly because the weather was so good and the unit was in a perfect position and had great character. Cheers George.

We are now in the Scottish highlands, spent last night at a lovely little village called Strathpeffer. We are going to the Isle of Skye today. The weather was ok yesterday, not much rain but quite cool...top of 10. We stopped at a place called Pitlochry for lunch
UploadedFile2UploadedFile2UploadedFile2

Looking down the Royal Mile, our unit is on the left.
yesterday and I am sure it was only about 8 degrees!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb