One month on


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
June 7th 2011
Published: June 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

A few more photos to share. G is four weeks old tomorrow (tonight, strictly speaking).

She's doing really well, had a bit of a sniffle and a little bit of reflux, and so much prefers to be snuggled vertically than placed to sleep horizontally on the basket or bed (well, who wouldn't!) but nevertheless she still gained another pound in the last two weeks, which is lovely to hear.

J is now a big fan, and kisses her constantly, strokes her head while I'm feeding her, and keeps trying to pick her up, which hopefully he won't manage!

Nanny & Grandad were here for the last two weeks, so there was no shortage of cuddles going round, but now we're all on our own again (for the next two weeks anyway, till we visit the islands for cuddles from the other half of the family)!

The big milestone this last week was Daddy entering his fifth (yes, FIFTH!) decade as he celebrated the big 4-0! We briefly toyed with the idea of going out to a fancy restaurant for dinner to celebrate, but decided instead to get fish and chips and take the van up to the cliffs to watch the beautiful sunset across the Firth. Camper, maternity unit, bijou restaurant... is there no end to the uses for this vehicle!

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful gifts and cards, both for G, and for Daddy. We'll try to thank you personally over the next few weeks, if we've not already, we've been overwhelmed by your generosity! Thank you!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb