Happy Birthday Little Boo!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
July 6th 2010
Published: July 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

A year! One whole year! How is this possible? But then, what was life like before he came along? What did we ever do with all our time?!

To celebrate this momentous milestone, we invited family and close friends to a small ceremony in the garden. The weather was atrocious in the morning, but at 1pm the clouds parted, the sun broke through and everyone started dashing around putting out chairs, hanging flags ready to begin at 2.

Mummy & Daddy opened proceedings and asked Grandpa to say a prayer. Then we said a few words and made promises to J that we would do our best for him. Uncle Bugsy and AuntyM were duly appointed godparents and they made their own pledges. AuntyL read a beautiful poem which she'd chosen for the occasion, then we planted an apple tree to commemorate the day.

All the children helped with the tree planting, digging little fists into the compost, watering it in, so much for their best party outfits!

To close the proceedings, Grandad gave a toast and everyone drank champagne - even J who'd been skiddling his muddy fingers in Mummy's glass!

Then there was a
Already a big hit with the ladies!Already a big hit with the ladies!Already a big hit with the ladies!

Although not looking too happy about it!
barbecue, party games and of course birthday cake, for which each of the children had a go at blowing out the candles in turn. Jamie had a whole heap of presents which cousinB was eager to help open with him!

Everyone pitched in and helped with the cooking, the decorating, the games and the clearing up too! Thanks you everyone for making it such a wonderful, joyous occasion, the whole day was just magical, exactly what we'd wished for! Mummy couldn't sleep that night she was so happy she wanted to remember every little detail!
(Big thanks to Lugs & Uncle Rags for all the photies!)

And finally, it's official, J is no longer a baby, we have a titchy toddler on our hands! After weeks of one step...two step...baby collapso, we finally declared him walking at eleven and a half months after a controlled pull up to standing, toddle across the kitchen and sit down again. Since then there's been no stopping him, he just gets faster and more confident every day.




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

It's dinnertime!!It's dinnertime!!
It's dinnertime!!

Mr Wolf catches kids for his dinner
Grandpa escapes from it all!Grandpa escapes from it all!
Grandpa escapes from it all!

A pass the parcel forfeit
Help me up Dad!Help me up Dad!
Help me up Dad!

Thanks to the grandparents for contributing towards Jamie's new playcentre!


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb