More travels in our van


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
May 15th 2010
Published: May 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The approachThe approachThe approach

See that ruin in the distance - that's our spot for the night!
Oh dear, a month has gone past and the potential blogs are stacking up! Hot news right now is that the little man is teetering, literally teetering, on the edge of walking! Over the last couple of days he's been getting bolder, sneaking in the odd step or two or three when he thinks we're not looking. Watch this space!

But before all that, what else has been happening? We took the van off to the West Coast for some wild camping (OK, possibly not that wild since we were in a van, but bear with me!) Daddy found an old peat track marked on the map, part tarmac, part gravel, potholed and overgrown with gorse. It took us nearly half an hour to drive the two mile track, very glad that the van has four wheel drive. At the end was a ruined farmhouse, a completely empty beach and not a soul for miles, perfect!

We set up in this beautiful spot and went for a stroll on the beach, Daddy caught two sea trout from the rocks (can I put that on here - is it legal?) which he was very proud of!

Next day we headed off to Gairloch and met up with caravanning friends, Mr & Mrs Lugs, at a great campsite in the dunes just north of the town. No photos as the chief photographer was rendered useless by a particularly nasty tummy bug, so we headed home pretty sharpish next morning.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Hiya!Hiya!
Hiya!

We now know that the limp-wristed straight arm gesture shown here was actually an early attempt at waving!


Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb