Look no straw


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
November 15th 2008
Published: November 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

 Cloud patterns Cloud patterns Cloud patterns

Amazing clouds
Wendy was suffering from a cold so I came down on Thursday evening only to find myself catching the same or similar bug.
Friday received moisture probes bought from Nottingham Trent University who are going to monitor our house to see how it stands up to the wet Scottish climate (thanks Steve). So Saturday we headed back up to place (hammer) 14 probes into the walls. We tidied up and headed down the road, both simply looking to have a lazy evening and early night.
Monday,feeling better I headed back up to Tombreck. The straw was finally vanquished, Tober got the last half dozen bales for bedding for his ducks. Ewan and Marieke had gone off on Sunday and the lime was still too wet for limewash so I pottered about on my own tidying up etc.

Tuesday still no Ewan, phoned Dean and agreed to do a bit of the upstairs walls as test. Ewan and Marieke returned that evening with Calum,Tombreck's newest inhabitant. As they were both knackered from a long drawn out labour we wished them well and toddled round to Andy and Georgia's to break the news (and maybe "wet the baby's head"). As it turned out they were just about to leave for an impromptu music session in the Lawers hotel. So we jumped into the back of Katie's van and off to the pub.

A great night ensued with Tom and Pauline from Glem Lyon and the usual Tombreck crew ably accompanied by a passing tourist on guitar. The baby's head was well and truly wetted.

Wednesday decided to go ahead with limewashing upstairs. Dropped in with Tober, Sue and Richard to officially welcome the new arrival and toast his health.

Thursday more limewashing completing upstairs and starting downstairs. Then down the road in the afternoon to drop Sue off in Stirling (en route to her parents) and Marieka's sister in Linlithgow oher way back to Holland.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1123s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb