Last but not least..


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
January 29th 2008
Published: January 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hullo! how are ya? oh thats super, all tanned up and filled with lovely Vitamin D from that thing i remember from months ago.. uh.. Oh! the sun! ahhh you lucky chooks. But, dont feel too guilty or sad for this boy because Lachlan Marco Polo Pagan is close to the end.. or to the beginning! Yes, after roughly six months on and off gringo trails, under and in bus shelters, train stations, ferry docks, airports, and camel stables, sleeping in 16 bed dorms, little tents, a couple of proper hotels, floors, countless couches, seats and matresses in all sorts of exotic places, strumming guitar on streets, terraces, in living rooms filled with strangers, alone amid fits of desolation, and sometimes drunk on my own imagined stage.. heheh.. Ive eaten vast proportions of many incredible animals, whole aisles of pasta, rice, stir fry and other funny backpacker mush, gnawed on roast guinea pig carcas, many manners of offal, chickpeas covered in bees, raw chicken floating in water, and potato chips in varieties numbering over a hundred. Ive drunk too. Ive sampled red from chile, argentina, peru, spain, portugal, burgandy from france (not bad..), ive downed belgiums best beer before being beautifully blotto.. ive had tea in all its concoctions, slipped, slurped, sculled and scoured myself with coffee in incredible amounts.. and ive bought zero souveniers, i have under a hundred photos to represent my journey, ive learnt 5 sentences in Spanish, how to say chick pea in French and make sure my beer is big in Germany. Ive told numerous people that Adelaide is a rad tourist spot, and expect hundreds of visitors to come into the exeter and spit on me for it.. ive talked rubbish about every topic i never knew anything about, but also vastly on the ones i do know about.. perhaps ive inspired, changed, re-arranged, or deranged some folk.. i know that ive been affected in a way that will stay with me for ever. (in a good way!! im even better and more Lockie than i was before i left, mum and dad..).

But, those of you after the facts..

After Gent i headed through Holland, i think i mentioned that i stayed with a Lady and child? very strange indeed. Lovely people but with 4 husky dogs roaming about and making 'big mess' everywhere.. it was smelly and weird but its all good. that was in Mastricht, a beautiful old little town with christmas market golden vibes and food from a wall (very strange, vending machines that serve hot food..). So, then headed up to Eindhoven and stayed with a guy called Konstantin, a crazy 6"6 russian bongo player that was actually very chilled out.. he didnt drink or smoke so we stayed in and played music and LAN games, very geeky.. heheh.. it was good to chill out though because after that i met up with a couple of boys from Adelaide and a german guy in Amsterdam for the big new years party. Boy, what a crazy night.. i think we probably drank too much, roamed around checking out the fire works and talking to strange folk, but also hiding in our hotel room a bit because it was very loose out on the streets indeed. But we were all safe and good boys and no bad nonsense went down.. or at least, none of us had bruises or money stolen so i assume it was all good, memory is a funny thing sometimes..
Ahh so after that, we headed into Germany to Hamburg, a cool town in the north, but far too cold to do anything but play minature golf and drink cheap beer, a nice vibe catching up with the boys though. So, i continued down to Berlin and couch surfed with a chick that had a beautiful big house and beautiful big boxer dog, a very cool vibe but icy icy icy!! i mean, you could have literally ice skated half the city without problems; i thought it was fun but the boxer didnt..
Okay! sorry rushing this a bit but it was all a month ago so kinda lost within fresh memories.
Anyway! after that i checked out Frankfurt and Wiesbaden in the south, frankfurt is just a big bank but wiesbaden is great! got to meet some very cool people who welcomed me and took me out and entertained me all week, which i always love coz im a lazy boy..
okay, so i headed into London next, found my mate Josh at about 6 in the mornin, headed out all day for a bit of sightseeing and a lot of English (first country in 5 months of English language.. yay!), then got myself stupidly hungover the next day finding my other Friend Shona. I stayed with her and her boyfriend Kane for about a week , which was totally rad and relaxing and i got to chill out big time but partied hard on Australia day.. i had to stay because of silly flight mess ups and lack of funds etc.. but we managed to work it all out (well.. mum managed to work it out, haha.. organizing flights is a tougher task than i imagined..). Okay so now ive left London because i have an extra week, so im in Edinburgh couchsurfing in a student house for a couple of days then another student house filled with musicians for my last few days.. then back to Oz weekend-ish, although my flights (heathrow-hong kong-singapore-perth-adelaide!!) will probably take about a week to spit me out in the Rad.. but we will see.
well, thats just about it, sorry this last blog has been less than hillarious this time but if i write inspired by the scottish humour of Billy Conolly ill be in big trouble.. but dont fret, because this boy is coming to a town near you soon and ill make ya smile i promise.
This is lachlan saying see you real soon for the last time, because i really will this time..


Advertisement



5th February 2008

Thank god
The Exeter is a sorry place since you left. Often you will see a wayward enthusiast staring around at the bleak lifeless walls and suddenly exclaim: "Where is the love?" I always pat them on the back consolingly and reply: "try Europe mate."

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb