DAY 12 GLASGOW


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
May 27th 2023
Published: May 27th 2023
Edit Blog Post


Me, Jane, Mary, Vicky, Rob
Today we did our own thing until the Royal Scottish National Orchestra and the Scottish Youth Choir. Jane chose to do the Hop on Hop off bus with the Art Gallery being her main focus. I chose to walk along the path alongside the River Clyde and the streets of Glasgow viewing the bridges, buildings and people … one of the three was a definite eye-opener.

Glasgow Celtic, managed (coached) by the Australian, Ange Postecoglou, were playing Aberdeen too. It was 1st versus 3rd. The result was 5 – 0 in favour of Celtic, so the street celebrations were in full force. I managed to be hugged and kissed … by … a few (drunk) blokes!

Meeting up with Rob, Mary, their daughter Vicky and her son, Robert took us away from the mayhem on the streets to the much more sedate surroundings of the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall to watch and listen to the Youth Choir under its inspiring Director/Conductor, Patrick Barrett, in which both of Vicky’s daughters were singing. They were accompanied by world renowned musicians in violinist, Nicola Benedetti, Sheku Kanneh-Mason on cello and Ben Grosvenor as pianist.

They were followed by the full Royal
Scottish Orchestra performing Beethoven Concerto for piano, violin and cello in C major before finishing with the Brahms powerful and dramatic Symphony No. 1 in C minor. I preferred Brahms.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Youth choir assembling








Solid construction.


Bridge strength







Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb