Quiet day and travel to Dunblane


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Perthshire » Dunblane
June 27th 2023
Published: June 29th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Monday became a quiet morning catching up on the blogs, however in the afternoon we went into Edinburgh for dinner at Loch Fyne Restaurant. We walked around the pier and after dinner went down the road to look at The Royal Yacht Britannia. We intend to come back to Britannia when we stay in Edinburgh.

Tuesday had us traveling to Dunblane, which was only a 90 minutes from Edinburgh, so we decided to make a detour through Glasgow and on the recommendation of my barista at Meister on Collins St, we went to Ox and Finch for lunch and what a superb lunch it was. See the photos for some of the special dishes.

We also found some street art in Glasgow at the SWG3 Studios which was hidden gem for Glasgow.

In Dunblane we are staying at "The Cottage " from Bookings.com. The Cottage is one of the oldest properties in Dunblane and originally built as a single storey building but a second storey has been added to provide a bedroom and bathroom.

Dunblane is the home to scottish rugby legend Tony Stanger and less known tennis player Andy Murray, the town has a golden post box to celebrate Andy's gold medal for tennis.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



1st July 2023

Great to see you are enjoying your travels and food 🥘

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb