Scottish BBQ


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
April 22nd 2007
Published: April 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sunday morning was reserved for shopping. Kate wanted to do a little souvenir searching, and so we went to a couple of spots where there were multiple shops, and took a little while to browse. Unfortunately, I did a horrible job of shopping. It is tough when you still have a camera in your hands. In the end I didn't make some purchases that I should have, because this was our last day in Scotland. The weather was better, with the sun poking in and out, and we tried to get some good shots of the castle, but there just wasn't enough sun directly on the castle for me to get anything fantastic. Around noon, we headed out to the country to attend a family BBQ with Caroline Hamilton, who we'd met yesterday at the farmer's market. We took a tour of the farm, seeing the cattle and sheep, and then ate a ton of meat. Before lunch though, I would have loved to sit out in the field and get better shots of the sheep, but didn't have the chance. They were pretty shy and stayed away, but if I'd had more time I think I could have gotten some great shots. After lunch we had a concert of sorts, with bagpipes, drums, and harp. The countryside was beautiful, and even though we were barely 30 minutes outside of Edinburgh, a very good sized city, the rural area was very calm and peaceful and like the country should be. No billboards, no electric lines, small rural roads, no huge highways full of semis. Just very nice, with lots of sheep. We went back into Edinburgh, and were dropped off at the hotel for a bit, and then made our way via taxi to a restaurant that was suggested for dinner. The sun was out again though, just before sunset, and the restaurant didn't seem like something Rick wanted or needed for the show, so instead we got some last minute cityscape shots, and grabbed another taxi to the Buffalo Grill, an American restaurant not too far from our hotel. We had steaks, and shot a bit of the chef grilling in the kitchen, and that completed our shoot in Edinburgh.


Advertisement



26th April 2007

More Sheep
So now you're taking pic. of them before you eat them?? Do you just hang your head out the window and chew on them as you pass them by? Poor little lambs. Did you have time to get me a scottish deerhound?
26th April 2007

no, sorry
oops, my mistake, i was too distracted

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb