Edinburgh at Sunset


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
April 17th 2007
Published: April 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Edinburgh SunsetEdinburgh SunsetEdinburgh Sunset

One of the many that i took of the sun faiding, camera did not do the colours in the sky justice
Well its been a few beautiful days up here, un-seasonal hottish (18-19) weather so thought i might do a few things ive been meaning too seams my days are numbered here. One of these great days i was at work till 5 and got a few mates together to make the trek up Arthurs Seat (big hill, took about an hour to walk up it) an watch the sunset. It was still light (sunset isnt till around 8.30pm) so plenty of time to get up there. So we went up, wine an cheese in bag and it was the most beautiful thing. After walking up (it was an effort!!) it was still hottish and it looked like many had the same idea. We made it right to the top, spectacular views, you coupld see all the way to the bridges that take you over to Perthshire and right down to Leith and all around. There are heaps of little paths to get up there but basically your just walking steeply up the hill.

Yesterday was a pretty cool day as well. Went down an had a comedy club lunch (only £5) an wached improv comedy at The Stand then
Our seat for the showOur seat for the showOur seat for the show

The side pretty much fell straight down, but some how the plan didnt quite go smoothly, knife for cheese, corkscrew anyone!!
went an got some icecreams an headed down to the meadows. The uni is right behind this park so there was alot of people reaading out in the sun. Headed back an on the way passed the Oz bar an noticed the cricket had just started (Aus vs Sri Lanka) so spent the afternoon with the Aussie boys an beers watching the cricket. After that we met up with a few other mates an headed to the Jazz bar for the rest of the night.

Great day today, there are roadworks though happening right outside so getting woken up by jackhammer now!! Learning all new sounds over here, dont know if these bands are being herd in Oz at the moment but here are a few that are doing pretty well over in Scotland; The Fratellis, Paolo Nutini, The View, KT Tunstell, Snow Partol, Mika, Amy Winehouse, even the Proclaimers have made a come back because there song was used as the theme song for a red nosed day.

Last week in Scotland so going to make the most of it, will update you of more adventures soon...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The MeadowsThe Meadows
The Meadows

Great day, erin an maddy, we had just eaten icecreams an soaking up the sun
RoomiesRoomies
Roomies

The fousome, Me, Rhett, Amelie an Martine


Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb