Misty Edinburgh


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
March 26th 2007
Published: March 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Backpack CrewThe Backpack CrewThe Backpack Crew

Ok, so from left there is Amelie (French Canadian, flatmate) Kieran (aussie, sunshine coast) adam (melbourne) Martine (FC, flatmate) adam (tassie) charlie (canadian) eve (french) another adam (USA) and nuriel (spanish)
Well, Scotland started day light saving time on sunday, and thank god someone told me saturday night or else i may have been turning up to work an hour late!! That means getting up a bit earlier which I'm not looking forward to, but the sun isn't going down until 8ish but its still chilly so not really that much use!

Been really busy this week, this is the first sort of day off ive had to catch up on things. Have been picking up some more shifts at work so spent one of my days working this week, and today had to go in for work cocktail training (yes tasting cocktails at 11 in the morning, feel a bit sickly. Anyway getting up this morning there was a fog and the castle was hardly visible. Walking through all the old streets with it looking like that was so amazing, everything looked so much older and a little scary i must say!I've been heading out on the town with workmates as well which has been really good. Its different to my backpackers the places we go, get to see a bit more un-usual sides of Edinburgh in the tiny corners. Went to a place that was kind of like the alley and others that were cool little cocktail bars (was just training up on my taste buds for work!)

Thought i might give you a bit of an idea of what i was telling you in one of my last blogs about the crew at the long-stay. This is pretty much the group that meets up at various times of the day, they seem to be all here in this photo and fairly sain so though it was an opportune time. Its basically a big table and behind me is a big wall of kitchen stuff.

Going out bowling tonight with workmates so should be fun (little do they know how much i was around bowling alleys in my last job). I can walk to basically anything here and its good for bearings as well. Siyonara!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0913s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb