A day alone


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Strathblane
July 15th 2012
Published: July 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So after a full Scottish breakfast at the hotel we headed out on our own to let Chris and Alex spend some time with their families.

We decided to take the long drive through the countryside to Strathblane on our way we drove through Karla’s old village called Kippen, we stopped at her old house and primary school for photos. Then we drove down the country roads to Strathblane where we enjoyed the views and scenery.

We arrived at Karla’s Grandpa’s house. We were welcomed with a huge hug quickly followed by a cup of tea and cake. We had a great time sitting chatting and catching up on the village news. Grandpa then informed Shane on some of the villages history and local sights. After our hour and a half visit there were tears as goodbye hugs were shared.

We drove along the road to Dumgoyne where we took a tour of the 200 year old Glengoyne Distillery, it was a fabulous tour and very informative. Shane enjoyed his two whisky tastings as well. We then took a walk through the gift shop before we left and we were tempted to buy the last remaining bottle of
WaterfallWaterfallWaterfall

the water source at Glengoyne
a 40 year old cask but unfortunately it was a little bit out our budget being 3,475 pounds for the bottle!

We then met Graeme, Elise and their daughters Sarah and Chloe for supper at the beachtree inn. We had a great meal, talked about school and other things before going outside to see the animals.

We took the long road home to see more scenery and even took Iain’s favourite bumpy road to Gartmore. When we arrived at Alex and Chris’s house we decided to take a short walk around the estate by the river. After our lovely walk we flopped on the couch to watch a movie before bed.

K + S


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Glengoyne Stills Glengoyne Stills
Glengoyne Stills

20,000 pounds each good for 10 year of distilling.
40 year old Cask40 year old Cask
40 year old Cask

Last Bottle about 150 pounds per Dram (shot)


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb