Day 14 - out of the highlandS


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Glasgow
October 8th 2022
Published: October 8th 2022
Edit Blog Post

This one is going to be short. It was a long day - more that 160 miles of driving and more that 8.5km walking - ready to call it a night.

Today we started our trek back south. We made ourself a nice breakfast at our AirBnB, did a wee shop at the House of Fraser and hit the road.

Our first stop was the Castle Urquart - the ruins of a 12 century castle on Loch Ness. We did a bit of a wander and learned more about the Highland’s history.

From there, we kept trekking until Fort William. We had a chance to walk through the town before finding a bite for lunch. We
Both tried new Scottish dishes - Don had the steak and ale pie and I had the Cullen skink. Look it up.

From there, we got back in the car and drove through some spectacular scenery on our way out of the highlands.

We are in Glasgow tonight. We did a whiskey distillery tasting - our only one in Scotland- before walking to a highly recommended Indian place for dinner. We had a bit of time between so did a quick stop in a pub where the high landers used to stop on the way to Glasgow. It’s now a college bar.

Tonight we’re comfortably ensconced at a Marriott with a full sized shower. Yay!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb