Jogle Sunday 24th April 2011 Pitlochry to Edinburgh


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Kinross-shire » Kinross
April 24th 2011
Published: May 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On leaving the lovely town of Pitlochry , i headed back onto the main A9 traffic was a little quiter as i dropped onto an unamed road to Dunkeld .What a pretty town on the banks of the Tay , people were milling about in their finest togs for church , i sat on a bench by another of Telfords brodges and watched for 20 minutes .20 odd miles more I stopped for lunch in Perth city...very smart city this , food was nice but pricey , i left by crossing the river following signs for the south , but i royally f88ked up as i ended up at the motorway and had to retrace my path back into the city and sheepishly out on to the A912 through Bridge of Earn . I was glad that i knew little of this road as the mother of all hills was about to appear ,the road up Glen Farg drags on & on & on , i hauled up happy in the thought that bat least i would have the mother of all drop offs to cheer myself up ...at the top i rested took some pics and set off ..waiting for the big drop ...it didn't come .just a gentle slope down to Milnathort...so i summise that I was in a big hole and now im on a plateau..I exchanged pleasantries and route options to two heavily laden Lejogers in Milnathort .
Off then toward Edinburgh via Kinross onto the B996. right into Kelty, then on the B917 through Crossgates , onto the B981 Inverkeithing to the Forth rd bridge.
This whole area was packed with pubs spilling out onto the pavements ..people dancing in the road in front of the bike ..it was good natured but i felt a bit uneasy ..this was the aftermath of the "old firm " game , some pubs blue and some green and white .
I was relieved to get to the Bridge and had to cycle over on the west side due to works closing the walkway .I stopped for the pics and tired , i was glad to be in Edinburgh!...except i wasn't ..city centre 10 miles route 1 cycle path 10 miles ...10 more bloody miles , i followed the cycle route carefully as it wound its way through some dodgy "shameless " style estates , there was a lot of bbqs and people boozing away the Saturday in great weather..i felt like joining them as i was knackered , I did however have a travelodge to go to so should sleep well !!!
Arrived at the wrong Travelodge and had to go further into the City , finally arriving at about 7.00pm .
checked in , bike in room , 2 pints of black stuff and a high carb meal .and to bed .
the hotel was noisy all night , the only time i fell into a deep sleep was just before my alarm went off at 06.30 .
todays mileage 86 .
total so far 295

Advertisement



Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb