jogle Saturday 23rd April 2011


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire » Inverness
April 23rd 2011
Published: May 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Saturday started slowly , with the constant climbs on the busy A9 through the foothills of the Cairngorms, I joined the old A9 , as it wound its way through small villages , this is a very pleasant alternative to the main road, i picked the old road up just south of Moy, passed through tomatin and rejoined the main carriage way at Slochd summit.I stayed on the A9 until pausing for lunch in Aviemore, I havenit been to aviemore for 20 years and it is bigger but not better , its full of tourist tat , but still made a great stop for lunch , I left Aviemore and stayed on the quieter B9152 until Kingussie.
The weather was dark and misty , rain was in the air , the mountains here look foreboading in good weather so today they appeared to close in .Back on the busy main road , i pushed up and over Drumochter summit pausing for a pic at the sign.The road after here drops slowly into Blair atholl, (i stopped for some more food here , I was eating like a horse !).
through killiecrankie and on to the lovely town of Pitlochry . my room for the night was at the Claymore hotel , run by Graham an ex hill farmer and very cycle friendly , room was great bike was secure off to town for a curry and a beer or two ! great days ride Mileage today 83 miles ...tomorrow .
total mileage so far -209 .

Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb