work? whats that?


Advertisement
Published: May 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

so i finally had to start working again....what a shame....i've enjoyed my time off from working but i'm also glad to be back at work and doing something with my time again!!
So I'm now a waitress at the Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club(sounds fancy but its not really!!) The work is pretty straight forward and easy...nothing i can't handle anyways!! I started on Sunday morning at 7am. For breakfast we just have to make sure the hot buffet is topped up all the time and there's always juice...other than that, we only have to clear plates from the tables. We finished that shift at about 1pm so we had the afternoon off until we started again that night at 6pm. The hotel doesn't do lunch so it's only ever breaky and dinner. The dinner shift is better again because instead of just standing around waiting for people to finish eating, we actually take their orders, take them to the table, clear starters and serve main meals then take dessert orders and serve/clear those. There's really nothing to it and the best thing is we don't have to cook it or clean any dishes afterwards!! That shift ended at about 930pm and that was the end of our first day at work. Oh I almost forgot, we have fancy uniforms!! hehe we have navy pants(they haven't got ours in so we're wearing our own black pants for now), white long sleeve shirt, navy waistcoat and a red tie(which they also haven't got for us yet..) oh and we got name tags as well!! i will have to get a photo and put up to show everyone how it looks!! So anyways we worked sunday and then somehow scored 2 full days off work....boring....but we worked again on wednesday and thursday night(last night). This morning we had to start work at 630am because there is a group staying here from Warner Bros(yes thats right!!), they are filming parts of the new Harry Potter movie up here!! (and yes i'm going to claim that!! hehe i served someone that filmed the movie!! :P) anyways it was an early start considering we didn't finish dinner last night until 1030pm but it was really quiet so we were done by about 11am. We get breaky (hot & cold buffet) at about 930-10am once all the guests are gone and then we finish cleaning the tables after that. So that's pretty much what I now do everyday...not too exciting but it is all money towards the next trip(which we are planning now!! 😊 yay!!!!!!!) and its keeping us busy!! Well if anything exciting does happen I will let you all know about it!! oh and while im on the topic of movies being filmed here....I found out the other day that most of braveheart(which i havent seen yet) was filmed here!! For a little town that doesn't have much here, its pretty famous!!
Better get going. Ciao ciao

Advertisement



22nd May 2006

Im so Happy!
Hello! Im so happy for you. it may be work, but its money! and money deffinately has advantages! I am glad your enjoying yourself so much. Sounds just awesome! cant wait to hear from you again!! Keep smiling alwayz =D MWA xoxo

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb