Fort William


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

ok i think i have left you in enough suspense!! the hostel in edinburgh was great!!! the people there were fantastic, travellers were always coming and going but we always had a little group of people that were staying for a while....we were called the 'long termers' haha so we hung around the hostel for a few weeks looking for work, taking our CV's to shops and job agency's. after a few weeks, one of the job agency's we went to called us and said that we could come in to register with them and then they'll try get us some work. So we registered and within a few days we had some work!! it wasn't great work but it meant we had some sort of income and we could stay here for a bit longer. So we worked in the kitchen's of different hospitals around town for about a week. Ash was working a differnt hospital to me one day and they asked her if she could work for one of the supervisors that was going away for a week. it meant she had to stay back to lock up, cash up all the tills and a few other 'supervisory' jobs...it was a fair bit to ask of someone who had only worked there one day but it was more work guaranteed. Turned out that ash ended up sick on the first day so i covered for her and they then gave the weeks work to me....anyways after that we were heading off to italy for 2 weeks!!! We couldn't wait for that!!! woooooo!!! haha yes as you can tell, i was, and still am, excited about Italy!! 😊 To get from edinburgh to rome we had to get a train down to London and then our Round The World Ticket had the flight from London to rome. we stayed with Mick & Di again in London...it was good to catch up with them again!! When we arrived in Rome, it was sooooo warm....well it probably wasn't that warm but compared to edinburgh, it was!! As much as I love winter and the weather in Scotland, it was great to get a bit of sun!! From the airport we had to get into the city of Rome(the airport was abuot 40mins out of Rome) so we tried to find the trains but as we wandered around, all these cab and bus people were trying to convince us to use their services...the cheapest price we were offered was €80...we finally found the trains and paid €10 to get to Rome!! haha jokes on them!! It took almost an hour to get there and we then had to get on another train so we could get to Albano(the town our host families live in). Thankfully we knew our way around the station in Rome as we had used in many times before!! We finally got to Albano and met our families!! It was so good to see them all again!! I won't write in every detail of what we did, mainly because I can't remember but I'll try and get as much as possible!! We went to the school the first day and met up with the Aussie school group that were here on the same trip that Ash & I did 2 years ago. Ash's sister was there so it was good to see her again...her host family for the trip was my host family as well so we were living together for the next few weeks!! It was a lot of fun!! so anyways we let them get on with their classes and we wandered around the town for the morning. At lunch time we went home and we all had a huge lunch....I hadn't eaten a meal that big in months!!! Compared to the meals we cooked at the hostel, this was 5 star quality!!! That was basically what we did each day while we were there but in the afternoons we got to do a few more things....I went to a National Basketball championship playoff, a soccer match in rome, an italian theatre play, Ice Age 2 at the movies, we went to the beach for a day, went into rome 3-4 times, went 10 pin bowling....and i cant think of anything else right now but that was most of it.!! So basically we had a lot of fun, ate lots of pizza & gelato and picked up on some more of the language!!
The 2 weeks came to an end a bit too quickly for our liking but we had to get back to edinburgh and work again...it was sad to say goodbye again but we will be going back again in a few months so its not too bad...
When we got back to Edinburgh, we called one of our friends from the hostel that had moved up north to work in a hotel. He had talked to the restaurant manager and got us both jobs in the hotel. They said we could start when we could get up there, so we booked tickets straight away and we were up there within a week!! So we are now living in a small town called Fort William...its about 3 hrs from Glasgow and about an hour from Loch Ness...its a really beautiful town so I'm sure we will enjoy it!! It's a small town and there's really nothing to do so I think we will save plenty of money by living here!! We start work on Sunday morning so I will have to give you all an update of the happenings of Fort William sometime next week...I know I say I will try and keep this updated and I never do because I'm usually doing other things...well this time I will because there's nothing else to do on my time off!! haha jokes on me now!!
CIAO CIAO A TUTTI XOXOXOX

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb