The Hogwarts Express


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

"Anything off the trolley, dears?"

So we took a trip of Jackobite Steam Engine, in other words "The Hogwarts Express". We were in first class which means we had "complimentary tea and biscuits and more leg room" (said in a British accent). After settling down, we explored the train and found the actual compartments that were used for the Harry Potter movies, and surprisingly enough they looked EXACTLY the same in real life as they do on the big screen! It was pretty incredible.
The scenery during the trip was a bunch of mountains, which is where they filmed the Quidditch matches and Hagrid's hut (if you have no idea what I'm talking about then you obviously haven't lived) and so it was cool to see that, even if we don't know exactly where it was. But on the way home we drove up to the hotel where the cast and crew stayed during filming, which was cool. Unfortunetly we didn't have time to get out and take pictures so you've just got to trust me when I say we went there.
Tomorrow we leave for the Isle of Skye where we stay for two nights. No one is sure of the internet situation there so for all we know this could be our last entry for a while. We're hoping that isn't true though.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



5th July 2007

yay! Harry Potter!
That sounds so cool! The Harry Potter train sounds fun and I'm sure the scenery was really cool! Wow, wouldn't that be weird if one of the actors walked out of the hotel while you guys were there?! I would have been sooo excited :):) Well, it is about 11 p.m. in Scotland right now, so you guys are probably getting ready for bed! I miss you guys and can't wait to hear more details about these adventures!
5th July 2007

OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! This is bloody brilliant and wicked! This is so amazing!!! wowowow! Did they have a plaque for the spot on the train?!!? Oh my goodness, I am so super excited! You sat in the same spot as Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, whoever plays Neville, and whoever plays Luna, oh and whoever plays Lupin!! This is so exciting! Did you encounter any dementor attacks and then see Lupin who gave you a bit of chocolate to recover?? Hah, probably not, but all the same, this is the coolest thing ever! I'm imagining you with a chocolate frog in your hand and looking at your wizard collectors card (because that's really the only thing that you want anyways) :) I'd have to say that my favorite picture is the one with the outside view of the train because it looks like you're in the movie! You should send in a picture of you in the compartment and maybe you'll get a part in the next movie ;) hah. wow, I wish I could be there! You look so proper with your coffee! Anything off the trolley, dears? No thanks, I'm all set says Ron (peers down at Mrs. Weasley's homemade sack lunch) harry: (looks down at his pocket full of Galleons and says, "I'll take the lot!" hah sorry, this is so long! Well, I know that everyone had a blast! Love you all!!
6th July 2007

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! even though i am not a harry potter fanatic, this is still so cool! i bet you were in heaven!!!! haha...well this sounds like such an amazing day! i love youuuu
8th July 2007

HEY YA'LL WAS UPPPPPPP?????????
hey the train is so cool and awsome powsome!!!!( i am listing to year 3000) ellie says that she doesnt miss ya'll but i think that she is just kiddin hopefully!!!!!!!! Cant wait to see ya'll on the 9th!!!
9th July 2007

Hello
This was exciting for you, I can tell! Are you all ready to come home yet? We just got back from Mount Rushmore, Custer State Park, and the Badlands of South Dakota. We climbed on many barren terrains and drove on many curvy mountain roads where only the pine trees were as green as your Scottish grass. We did not see any sheep to rival your picture but did spot a herd of about 200 Buffalo. Those animals were larger than I thought: we stayed in the car! We also saw many large rock formations, and of course the monument with 4 very large presidents. We drove through lots of tunnels through the mountains, too. Be safe...Aunt Robin

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb