Mull Arrival


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Argyll » Isle of Mull
July 29th 2006
Published: August 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Weather Report

Generally overcast with sunny breaks in the cloud to begin with. Showers increasing in frequency and intensity in the afternoon. Mid-afternoon rained violently for best part of two hours. Brighter evening.

Crossing to Mull was less than an hour and uneventful. Twenty minute walk to campsite and shortly after 9am my tent was erected. Spent morning looking around campsite, shopping in village store and doing my washing.

After midday snack walked a little way along the shore but was so tired quickly retreated to tent where I slept soundly for a couple of hours despite a torrential storm. Pottered around for the rest of the day and completed these blogs.

Forecast is better for tomorrow so I intend to hire a bike for the day (from the campsite). It proved impossible to arrange a sensible car hire because it will be Sunday.

Expect to sleep soundly. This is obviously very different to sleeping on the beach. A commercial site with laundry facilities, games room and many people. I suspect despite the difficulties I prefer the remote wild-camping.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0986s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb