Day 9 Stonehaven


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Aberdeenshire » Aberdeen
July 30th 2015
Published: August 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

This post was written by Robert Maw & Jessie Jay

Jeremy and Rhianne's family went on an excursion to Dunnottar Castle early in the morning, before everyone else was even awake. The rest of the group had an early breakfast at 9 AM and then the rest of the morning was free. After lunch at the hub we boarded the bus right away at 1 PM. Everyone caught up on some sleep during our long drive to the castle where we met up with the Whittaker family and Jeremy. The walk up towards the castle was spectacular, and the views were amazing, we tried to make the most out of the short amount of time we had. Within that time, we took multiple photos to send to our sponsors - Roots and Parks Canada. Once we were all on the bus, ready to leave the castle we did the usual head count and realized we were missing one important TASSO member. Adam was no where to be found! Within seconds our awesome courier, Jack, together with the chaperones and Fitzroy sprinted off the bus and found him wandering down the path. After another, shorter bus ride we arrived at our concert venue. We had an easy set up and practiced some of our songs. The hosts were very friendly and gave us a non-bagged lunch which was a welcome change for when we have lunch on the road. We enjoyed some sandwiches, Scottish broth and some delicious cupcakes. After lunch we were taken to a hotel room (or the 'green room' if you're Salmon) where we were able to relax before the concert. Poor Jeremy felt sick before the concert but he powered through it and was able to perform and be his happy, energetic self during the performance. The first half of the concert was a blast and the venue was full because the concert was sold out. The song list for the first half was amazing and obviously they loved Brazil with Scotland the Brave the most. During intermission, the first thing we did was take another group photo at the beach. We all sat along the small stone wall that ran along the sand and took some nice arty shots (As suggested by Nigisti). Back at the hotel again, we had another small resting period until we were up next in the second half. After playing our rounds we had some miscommunication with the producer and ended up playing an extra song! The band after us wasn't too pleased but thanks to Salmon, who apologized afterwards, they were okay with the mishap. The finale was shortly after our show and we collaborated with the other bands there to perform In the Mood. The finale was bumpy but we handled well with some professional mistakes. Everything else from there went smoothly from the packing up, to the bus ride back. Overall it was a long day but we saw many sights and had a good time performing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Dunnottar Castle TourDunnottar Castle Tour
Dunnottar Castle Tour

Getting back on the bus towards Stonehaven.
Dunnottar Castle tourDunnottar Castle tour
Dunnottar Castle tour

Walking down the cliffside towards Dunnottar Castle.
Dunnottar Castle tourDunnottar Castle tour
Dunnottar Castle tour

Walking down the cliffside towards Dunnottar Castle.
StonehavenStonehaven
Stonehaven

Vladamir, Marcus, Nigisti, Jeremy
StonehavenStonehaven
Stonehaven

This uniform was sponsored by Parks Canada
StonehavenStonehaven
Stonehaven

Stonehaven beachfront
StonehavenStonehaven
Stonehaven

Stonehaven beachfront


Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb