Irish Rain


Advertisement
Published: June 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 54.5973, -5.93019

Today was an awesome second day on the tour. Our alarm clocks didn't wake us up, but we thankfully only slept a few minutes over. I just made some nutella and toast to go and ran out the door.

First stop was Dunluce Castle. We didn't go to the actual castle, we just looked at it from a distance. It's so freakin pretty right there on the cliffs. It's a man's castle, though... not particularly functional. lol. It was freakin cold out there today, tho! Not only was it just plain cold, but there was a biting ice wind going on.

Next stop was Giant's Causeway. It's a World Heritage site over on the Antrim Coast, and one of my favorite pretty places in the world. It's just so much fun to take pictures of (like the way Glendalough is). It's just a ton of these basalt hexagonal columns that formed after volcanic activity. There's a matching set across the sea in Scotland.

We had a lunch at a pub nearby. We both had some Guiness pie with fries and a pint of Magners (same as Bulmers... English just call it something different). Tasty stuff.

Last stop before Belfast was the Carrick-a-rede bridge. Last time I walked across it was beautiful, sunny and lookin very much like Hawaii. This time.. it was cold, windy and about to rain. The bridge was slippery and movin about. Definitely a little bit scarier for someone like me who is afraid of heights. We both did it, though! It's so pretty! On our way back to the bus it started raining like crazy. Got soaked. Irish weather finally reared its ugly head. =)

Anyway, now we're in Belfast and we're about to head to dinner!

I believe tomorrow we are headed for Donegal... after we do the Black Cab tour in Belfast to see the political murals.



Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Giant's CausewayGiant's Causeway
Giant's Causeway

Hikin down to the rocks
Giant's CausewayGiant's Causeway
Giant's Causeway

Me 'n Chris
Giant's CausewayGiant's Causeway
Giant's Causeway

Me 'n Chris
Giant's CausewayGiant's Causeway
Giant's Causeway

Chris takin the hard way across the rocks... stupid man...


8th March 2011

Lol cuteThe lady in the background looks like she's about to freeze!
8th March 2011

I am most curious about those rocks. Natural or man placed?!
8th March 2011

reminds me of a captain Morgans rum ad!!!
21st March 2011

LOVE MAGNERS!!

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb