Halloween


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Northern Ireland » County Antrim » Belfast
November 5th 2009
Published: November 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Halloween over here in Northern Ireland is quite the Holiday and let me tell yeah, i got the full experience of Halloween over here. People started dressing up as early as Wednesday over here which is pretty cool, saw some awesome costumes! Where we get our free meal a day (Randalphs) the waitresses dressed up Friday and Saturday and they were all creative. Some of the costumes were a Pregnant Nun, Plumber, Witch and Devil. It was my two favorite days to go into Randy's. Saturday we had another SuperLeague game. It was against the defending champions UCC Demons. They were from Cork which is down south. Even for our game people dressed up for our game. I loved their dedication to Halloween over here. We started the game on fire, pulling out to a 28-7 led I believe. we managed to sustain a halftime lead of 5, which was a great feeling. We came out the third quarter playing some solid ball and kept a lead all the way up to the middle of the fourth quarter. This was when the game went downhill. Being the defending champions of the Superleague they never lost composure and made a run to give them thier first lead of the game with about 6 minutes to go in the fourth quarter. We ended up losing the game, but overall was probably the best game we played this season. We are slowly but surely making progress in the right direction. I played a better game, still not where i can be. i had 15 points 14 rebound and 6 blocks, solid effort but can produce more!
That night we celebrated Halloween, it was a great night. We didnt head into Belfast because from what I heard it gets pretty crowded, so we decided to stay in and have a house party and let me tell ya it was one heck of a house party. There were some creative costumes there as well. It ranged from me being Richard Dunne, an Irish Soccer player who everyone says I look like, 3 girls dressed up as nerds (pretty solid trifecta I have to say), Incredible Hulk, two Flintstone characters (boyfriend and girlriend combo), toga girl, Poison Ivy, Madonna and last but not least, one of my roommates dressed up as facebook. He wrote book on his face and wore a white shirt. The top center of the shirt had his status on his, the right hand side of the shirt had his friends list, the other side was his pokes and his back was his wall. The next morning we looked at his shirt and it has some pretty interesting comments! The night turned out to be a great night with some great photos, really had a great time! They also light fireworks off here for Halloween, so we had a pretty cool firework display as well at the party!!
Sunday morning was a slow start, but once we were up went to the Jordanstown Volleyball match. They have another American Scholar from California named Paul so we decided to go watch him and his team take on Aer Lingus Jets. Unfortunatley they lost, but was an exciting match to watch.
Today we headed to Dublin for a college match, which is a league where kids can only play if they are in college. We traveled down there with the 5 Scholars on my team and one other guy. We played DIT in a gym that was much different then i am use to. One corner of the court was non-existent because of the wall, pretty crazy. I felt like I was playing back in the 50s, it was pretty cool. The best thing about is we won 108-37, such a great feeling to get a win, i am hoping this carries over to Saturday for our Superleague game. Saturday we play Limerick which is quite the trip from Belfast, about 5 hours. They are undefeated, but only have beaten teams who havent won a game. We are hoping to make this trip a successfull one and come back with out first victory of the season. Wish us luck!
Hope everyone had a great Halloween, will be home in about six weeks!! Miss everyone
Cheers

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb