13+ hours on a plane, should be fun


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 1st 2017
Published: September 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


After deciding a taxi was the way to go this morning, we all got into a black cab driven by quite an unusual young lady. She has a real thing for stroomtroopers with a number of them on the dash. Amelia took quite a liking to them.

Marie got her life story in about 10 minutes flat 😊 including being shown photos on her phone of her dogs, while traveling 100kph around a bend! Arriving quickly and safely at the airport it was off to find breakfast and then our plane for our trip to London. We hadn't realised we were on a A380, never been on one of those before.

A relatively uneventful flight, lots of movie watching and a sleep for Amelia and we were there. Immigration was quick, not what we were expecting and the officer we had was quite amusing involving Amelia's lion in the process. Made her day.

Found our bags and our way to the underground. Helen had given me directions and after working out the Oyster cardS we needed it was onto the tube to Victoria where we found Helen waiting for us.

Turns out our B&B was a five minute walk from Victoria tube station.



Something we definitely don't see in Australia is dogs in train stations but here it is really common place. Doesn't seem to be large dogs but definitely a lot of small and medium sized dogs.



A quick walk and check in to our rooms. Turns out I've picked quite a posh area of London in Belgravia.

A wander down to the Belgravia Pub for our first dinner and drinks in London. Warm beer. . .not sure I can get used to that. It was ok but certainly a lot harder to drink than I imagined. Had to do the fish and chips (cod and chips as it is here) with the fish crispy and lovely but much prefer our own chips.

Amelia promptly fell asleep and after a quick drink and amusing ourselves at the Scottish guy who was loudly watching the qualifying for the World Cup (Scotland v Lithuania) it was off to bed after a very long day.



Tour guide Helen tomorrow for London ??‍♀️?


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.351s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb