Day 93-95


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
August 18th 2013
Published: August 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 93-95 - to Hopwas, Tamworth

Plus Meriden, Birmingham and back by taxi.

0 lock , 411 in total. Blog for 16th -18thAugust.







We pottered along to Hopwas Friday morning, giving the leisure batteries as much charge as possible as they had to maintain the fridge for the two days we were away – even a 12v fridge is a tremendous power drain, particularly when the boat gets hot. We kept our heads down through Hopwas Woods as this is used as a military firing range. Hopwas is built on the side of a hill and has 2 pubs, a church and a village green; it is another pleasant group of houses, but possibly with less history than Whittington. The canal loops around Tamworth and Hopwas is on the western side – we felt that this was a safer mooring for the weekend than the south side.







Packing for the weekend was so easy as we didn't have any decisions to take. We'd each brought a smart set of clothes which had been stored away since May. There was lots to carry though once you added all Hattie's bedding, bowls and food plus presents for the grandchildren and all the
A dog-friendly bridge.....A dog-friendly bridge.....A dog-friendly bridge.....

... Hattie can get to the water more easily for a drink.
electrical gadgets and chargers that we didn't want to leave on the boat. Travelling to Meriden couldn't have been easier – the taxi was on time and we arrived in 40 minutes. Unfortunately the children were caught in Friday motorway traffic, 2 parties didn't arrive till after 9pm.







The children(!) all made such an effort to ensure that the weekend was a success and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. A very big 'thank you' to you all – we have been very blessed.







We arrived back on board mid-afternoon on Sunday – al was well and the boat was warm and dry – what a relief! John's left now for a few days at home - I think I may just treat myself to a curry in the next few days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Several duck-feeding sesions at the pond over the road.Several duck-feeding sesions at the pond over the road.
Several duck-feeding sesions at the pond over the road.

There were several greylag geese and this was the daddy of them all - huge.

Went to a large park with many attractions.Went to a large park with many attractions.
Went to a large park with many attractions.

Unfortunately the miniature railway and pedalos were not available that day - honestly, peak tourist season.
Entry to the play area was via a tunnel.....Entry to the play area was via a tunnel.....
Entry to the play area was via a tunnel.....

.... Jenny just had to see if she'd still fit.


To Sam and Guy....To Sam and Guy....
To Sam and Guy....

... a new puppy - Boysie - a little cutie.



18th August 2013

photos
Good photos! Probably too late again but Happy Birthday for August! Sarah
21st August 2013

Hope you had a super birthday weekend!
Helen, happy birthday month, seems like you had your hands full with the family, what lovely pictures especially like the group photo. Just back from Pevensey, had a super time with the Jans, lots of fun and laughter to be had plus the odd G&T! Jan will fill you in with more news I am sure. Love to all, Miss July ;) x

Tot: 0.348s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb