Bath


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
February 29th 2012
Published: March 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Left Warminster early and headed in to Bath to find our accomm. Spent a few minutesdriving round and round, eventually we got there. We grabbed our stuff and headed into the centre of Bath. Impressive and beautiful weather.

We toured the ancient roman baths, since I was here last it is completely different. We each had a personal headset so we all went at our own pace which meant no fighting!!! We spent almost 3 hours in there before grabbing a quick lunch and joining a walking tour of Bath led by a local - Roger was our guide. this went for almost 2 hours and centred maily on the Georgian Bath - Jane Austens Bath. Circus and royal walk etc were amazing, Bath stone is very distinctive. We also went in to the assembly rooms -featuring in my favourite Austen novel - Persuassion. I was excited but not so sure about Greg or the kids. Cooper captivated by Roger showing him Arthur Phillips house where he dies.

Headed back to the hotel along the canal, lots of homeless people around the area. Big difference between the Bath we'd just seen and clearly what things were like now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

minervaminerva
minerva

priceless and gorgeous
Circus BathCircus Bath
Circus Bath

Yes, this did have the kids wondering where the circus was
MinervaMinerva
Minerva

priceless and gorgeous


6th March 2012

The Precious
Where is it! Where is the Precioussssss. We needs to see it we does. It calls us it draws us. Show us the Preciousssss
7th March 2012

question for the kids.....
Why is the water that colour and can you swim in it?

Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb