Cape Town


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
December 21st 2011
Published: December 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

With just a few restless hours sleep we arrived in Cape Town but quickly forgot about the long flight when greeted by the breathtaking sight of Table Mountain which we soon realised dominates the view from every angle for miles and miles around. We were driven to our hotel by a typical South African (who looked and sounded just like our builder Derek - and no I don't mean all South African's sound and look alike - he really did look just like him!!).

The Ocean View House is a beautiful guest house with the most stunning views (see pictures attached). After settling in we headed to Mount Nelson Hotel for afternoon tea (Thanks for the recommendation Auntie B). With fine aromas and a buffett of savoury and sweet food fit for a bear who has woken up from winter hibernation and the beautiful gardens surrounding, we stuffed ourselves silly and tasted some of South Africa's best (pictures also attached).



A visit to the Jewish museum helped to walk off the calorie free tea (I WISH!!!) and followed with a drive down Victoria Road - a winding road hugging the coastel cliffs (thanks for driving Mark!) with more breathtaking views and some enviable properties to match.



We tried to watch the sunset from the loungers on our hotel veranda but the lack of sleep got the better of me and I saw nothing but the inside of my eyelids for the next hour. A bite to eat at Blues Bar (over looking Camp's Bay beach) and it was time to fall into a deep coma. Must be the fresh air...

South African Specialties Count:

King Clip - Check (really tasty!!!)

Rooibos Tea - check (*advice* Rooibos is apparently recommended for those suffering from insomnia - not best consumed following 36 hours with no sleep... just a thought)


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb