And We're Off


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
August 6th 2009
Published: August 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Quess which is JohnnieQuess which is JohnnieQuess which is Johnnie

yes it looks real but it isn't
On August 19 Vern and Johnnie are off to London, Liverpool and Selkirk, Scotland.

We arrive in London on Aug 20 and will be staying near Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, the Parliment buildings and the Thames River. Not too far along the river is London Bridge, Big Ben, The Tower of London and many other attractions. Johnnie has a couple Beatles tours scoped out and of course a wander along Abbey Road.

On August 25 we will take the train to Liverpool for International Beatles Week & Convention and will be staying at the convention headquarters hotel. Everything in Liverpool has been booked for quite a while. The Beatles Week is a very busy time and some activities run 24 hours a day and attract over 100,000 people.

On Sept 3, we will travel to Selkirk, Scotland which is just south of Edinburgh. Eleanor, Johnnie's penpal from elementary school lives there with her family. Johnnie and her have been corresponding for almost 50 years. Johnnie has visited Eleanor & Graham in Scotland & she has been to Canada. They have numerous activities planned for us .

On Sept 9 we fly for home out of Glasgow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb