first update


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
August 23rd 2009
Published: August 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Its Sunday morning. We had a good flight over but didn't sleep much. that was okay as it was 3 pm london time when we got to our hotel. We are just across the street from part of buckingham place.

on our first full day (friday) we had to first visit abbey road, where the beatles recorded lots of their music at a studio there. plus the famous street crossing of which a picture of them crossing is an album cover. everyone has to have their picture taken walking across.

later that day we went to see london bridge and london tower and st pauls church. lots of old buildings which are kept in good repair but its all tiny stairs up and down in the towers.

saturday we started at westminister abbey. this is a huge church that is like 4000 years old and quite beautiful. they have it set up well for tourists with little maps with recorded information on a hand set they give you. everywhere in the church are buryed old kings, queens, etc so its both a church and a cementary.

we then went on a beatles walking tour ending back at abbey road again. it was interesting to see the difference between a very few people trying to get their pictures taken on the cross walk versus a large group. its a wonder in the large group that someone didn't get wacked by a car. after that we went down to picadilly square. holy people!!!! Picadilly square is loaded with theatres, shopping and bars (including a few table dancing ones). It was wall to wall people in every direction for blocks on end. We found china town there too so could have some chinese. we then walked down to trafalger square.

this morning johnnie is off again on another beatle tour

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb