UK_Stonehenge,Salisbury Cathedral,Bath and Windsor


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
June 23rd 2008
Published: February 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

My next day tour with PREMIUM TOURS of London was this exciting package.
My pick-up van arrived exactly at 5.30am (my point, as mentioned in their itinerary) and off we go...
we started with Stonehenge, then towards Bath, Salisbury Cathedral and concluded the day with the Windsor Castle.

The key element was my fascination and study of the Stonehenge. Have read extensively and studied the super natural being of this notoriously intriguing place. I had to go.

Highlights:
•Entrance to Stonehenge
•Driving tour of Bath (had limited time to see/move around)
•Entrance to the Pump Rooms in Bath
•Walking tour of Salisbury Cathedral?
•Walking tour of Windsor with great views of the castle


STONEHENGE
The most popular pre-historic monument in the world, Stonehenge stands alone on the vast empty tract of the Salisbury plains. Dating back nearly 5,000 years the site remains in extraordinary condition having withstood the ravages of time. Many of the blue stones were brought from the Preseli mountains over 280 miles away, and some of the larger Sarsens weigh over 40 tonnes and are taller than 4 men standing in each others shoulders. The question remains to this day - why was this ancient site constructed? Entrance is included in the package.
The structure is on an elevated glassland/hill and is visible from miles away. As we left, I was fortunate to witness a sudden change in the weather, and could get some fabulous pics of the structure....an awesome sight !
Dont miss the Souvenir shop here for authentic affordable souvenirs (mugs, magnets, books, t shirts, caps, key chains, beer glasses etc)

BATH
Bath is a beautiful Georgian city based in the West of England. Following our driving tour of the city that passes the Assembly Rooms, the Circus and the Royal Crescent, there will be free time to shop and further explore. The Bath Abbey is another extremely rich piece of architecture. Dont miss the walking tour inside the pump room (need to buy a ticket)...and look around the entire Abbey.
(A lot of clean stalls to pick up some goo sausages/puffs/snacks)
There are some (very expensive) shops to pick a souvenir. I just bought 2 small magnets 😞


SALISBURY
Salisbury is a charming market town based in the West Country and is home to a fabulous Cathedral with the highest spire in Britain. Join us for a short walking tour. Alternatively visit the Cathedral independently and take the chance to see one of the last remaining copies of the Magna Carta.
Awesone and Colossal ! I could hardly fit the entire structure in my camera. You must walk in and see the interiors.


WINDSOR
The Royal town of Windsor is home to a fabulous collection of treasures including the crooked tea shop, Sir Christopher Wrens historic guildhall where Price Charles married Camilla, and the Curfew Tower where King Charles was held captive before his execution. Enjoy a walking tour with our professional guide that takes in some of the finest views of the castle built over 900 years ago. (a couple of Souvenir shops as you walk towards the Castle...but they close down early evening - by 4pm, I actually rushed and requested a gentleman to pull up his shutter and let me buy 2/3 things, he was polite enough!)

Njoy the pics !


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb