Back in the U.K


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
October 4th 2008
Published: October 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hallo china plates

After a plane ride listening to a husky Australian girl telling of her escapades at beerfest, we made it back to London town. To our surprise we were met by a friendly customs officer and we were able to pick up our luggage with ease - typical that it takes our last entrance into the Uk to have a good experience.

The sun was out on our journey back to Bath and I have to admit it felt like we were arriving back home. We arrived at our residence for the next 10 days; an apartment that Kibby's friend kindly lent us while he was surfing in Spain. Being back in Bath we assumed that things would just be easy, relaxing and run smoothly...

Max's bubby was due on 12 September and we assumed that arriving back on 23 September would mean that we would have heaps of time for cuddles, but it was clear that the wee blighter had a different idea. After weeks of teasing Max, Lexie Harrington was born in the wee hours of 26 September. Good old Max told some small fibs which meant she was able to get released early from hospital and were able to get some time hanging with the new family...that is until Max was rushed back to hospital...however I can now confirm that Max, Mark and Lexie are home, healthy and happy...argh!

Almost didn't get our american dollars and travellers cheques through in time for our departure...needless to say I think that Kibby was close to using the C word again!

We decided that we had no excuse to to visit one of Bath's main attractions, so on our last morning in Somerset we headed along to the Roman Baths. Of course no sight seeing would be complete without running into a random kiwi...this time it was a former Napier policeman (Kibby remembers him from when he was little) working as a guide in Bath...this world is just too small.

Not that I am really a fan of english pub food, but we thought it important to get one last meal into us before we leave this place. After much searching we found a quaint bar called 'Tipperary', which happened to be the first Irish bar outside of Ireland (you wouldn't know that now, as they are as common as pooh). Had some shanks, mash and gravy accompanied by a bevvie and regreted it for the rest of the day.

Anita and Selwyn's engagement party was held in London at a funky wine bar...champagne flowed, nibbles came and went and we all admired the rock that adorns Anita's finger.

Kibby is off getting treatment on his back, our plane seats are booked and confirmed, my Saint Christopher is packed...Africa here we come!



Advertisement



5th October 2008

Travell home
Dont loose that Saint Christopher Lysh...Dont let Kibby shoot any lions

Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0837s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb