Prost!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria
September 22nd 2008
Published: September 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Guten tag fella and fellaesses

Sausages, pork knuckles, pretzels, chocolate and beer...these are a few of our favourite things, which is lucky as they were a part of our daily life here in Germany.

With a week full of visiting, sightseeing, eating and shopping you would have thought that we would have been too tired to have enjoyed a typical german birthday party, but as usual we gave it a shot.
I made my first ever (unaided) pav, (as yet no one has become ill so in my book that is a success) Kibby ate more than his body weight in pork & chicken and also managed to learn the art of pouring a german beer...surely that is it? I hear you ask, well no actually it´s not. Kibby also attempted to snort tobacco...not as easy as it looks and I have pictures to prove it.
After cleaning the house in the wee hours of the morning we thought it best to get to bed, as it was an early start to Munich for the beerfest when we woke.

Kibby, Manfred, Dade, Mona, Sina, Alex, Andy and I were among the lucky thousands who managed to have a table reserved for us in one of the tents. A table is the key ingredienr for the day as you will not receive any beer unless you have one...thank god we knew some people with their fingers on the pulse!
The crowd was made up of lederhosen and traditional outfit clad revellers who cried with joy when the horses arrived with the barrels carrying that much sort after amber liquid. The litre filled glasses gave your wrist a real workout, not to mention your thighs...the toilet queues the longest I have ever seen and I can honestly say that I have never been so close to peeing myself in my adult life (waiting over 40 minutes in line will do that to you).

After being asked to leave our table (not due to antics, this is normal practice to keep the money flowing) we went outside which boasted a number of carnival rides, bars, cafes, candy floss stalls and puddles of sick.

Tonight we will get on the plane to head back to England...luckily the drizzly cold weather in Bavaria has prepared us for this

Finally uploaded some pictures so have a gander if you are interested

Lysh and Kibby


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.6mb