Days 217 - 231: London (briefly!)...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
August 30th 2007
Published: October 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We returned to our little haven in Notting Hill after a magical trip throughout the Middle East and Greece and as luck would have it we only had about 2 weeks until we were heading off to Italy and then Scotland!!! (heehee). Needless to say we kept our heads down and simply worked the time away, Martin was back at Hampton Community College and Kristi soon found a job temping, well ok, Kristi found one day temping and attempted to be the homely housewife for the rest of it (trying to avoid shopping as much as possible) ;-)

We did manage to catch up with some friends in our brief time back, and very exciting, was the fact that we finally got down to Hyde Park so Kristi could play with the squirrels!! Woohoo!! (we are determined to get photos of the "London Big 5" before we leave - squirrels, foxes, deer, rats and rabbits!!! Equally fearsome compared to the African Big 5!!!).

Hyde Park really is a gorgeous spot, with easy walking access to the Royal Albert Hall, Kennsington Gardens and Palace, Marble Arch etc etc - we had a lovely afternoon wandering around the landscaped park, fountains, paths etc, feeding nuts to the squirrels and laughing at the freaky people that inevitably pop up!

The edge of Hyde Park also serves as the worlds largest (longest!) out-door art gallery - on the weekends you can walk virtually the entire edge of one side of the park and peruse the amazing paintings (oil and watercolour + sketches etc) and of course they are available for sale! (Certainly not cheap though!).

The only other event that comes to mind from this period in London is the fantastic Pizza that Bunny made!! Yummy!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Mmmmmm Pizza...Mmmmmm Pizza...
Mmmmmm Pizza...

Kristi welcomes Martin home ;-)


Tot: 0.394s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 86; dbt: 0.137s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb