Getting ready for our French Trip. Can't wait.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
May 29th 2023
Published: May 30th 2023
Edit Blog Post

We are almost ready to go. Had plenty of time to sort the motorhome out at a leisurely pace. Have to fill it with the food we need as I always cook our evening meal and there are a few essential ingredients I can't cook without. Eating out is reserved for lunchtimes.
Clothes are always a problem to select as I have quite a lot really and some favourite garments which fight to come with me and we are more limited for space in our Chausson than in the bigger Tandy we had before. At least in June we can be reasonably sure it will be warm and that we won't need woolly jumpers and boots.

The garden is tidy though everything is late so the flowers which are usually in full bloom at this point, almost at the end of May, are still in bud. It really has been cold for too long but at last everything is bursting into life and my garden pots (about 90 at the last count) are filling out a treat. Jack next door is booked to water the pots for me so hopefully we will have a gorgeous garden when we get home.

We have had 3 holidays already this year already. Is that greedy ?

These were all after Bob's short hospital visit to get his gall bladder removed. All sorted and carefully timed so he was ok for our holidays.

A week in Cyprus, our first visit there, in March and it was fantastic. Not in the motorhome obviously (some people do ask 🤣 ). We flew of course, stayed in a super hotel at Coral Bay, Paphos and hired a car for the week to visit quite a lot of the lovely island in quite gorgeous weather.

Then we took a 4 night motorhome trip south in April to a campsite on the river Thames at Chertsey so we could visit Windsor and also the RHS Wisley gardens. Lovely trip and with Smart Car in tow it was super easy to get about.

Two weeks ago we came back from a 4 night trip to Scarborough and Whitby where I've never been before. Had a super time. Loved Whitby, spent a day on the North Yorks moors visiting the steam train stations. On the last day we went a little south to Flanborough Head where we went bird watching on the cliffs to see the puffins, gannets, razorbills and Guillemots.. Absolutely superb. it was freezing cold on the cliff top as we had full cloud cover and a North wind but we really enjoyed our trip.

Back in time to get all 3 of our vehicles MOT'd with perfect passes all round.

So we are all ready to go and only waiting just long enough for this latest bank holiday traffic to clear before we set off again. France here we come.


Additional photos below
Photos: 86, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.297s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 22; qc: 149; dbt: 0.2099s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb