The balanced education


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
April 20th 2022
Published: April 21st 2022
Edit Blog Post

Some science and some arts to round out our English experience. First, the arts. A tour of the globe theatre for those of us who have an ‘appreciation of Shakespeare’…or those who’ve done one term of midsummer night’s dream. We were disappointed to miss the season of The Globe but we managed to catch the final dress rehearsals for Much Ado About Nothing on our tour, which was really special. We weren’t allowed to take photos of the set/actors but picked up some really interesting stuff about actors and plays of the time, including the origins of the actor’s ‘role’ and why so much of Shakespeare explains what the actors are doing. A really engaging and interesting tour before a great pub lunch overlooking the Thames.

And now for the science. I’m told there was a 3D movie about Antarctica, some gadgets to play with and some posh looking cars (maybe that’s actually art?!) but a great time was had by all.

Rounded out the truly cultural experience with fish and chips and a night in the hotel near hotel in Luton (?!?).


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb